Reporting to the Finance Planning Supervisor, the Senior Financial Planning Analyst is responsible for the compilation and analysis of monthly forecast and annual budget data based on the Coal Business Unit’s requirements.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Compile financial and operational performance trends, compare historical and forecasted values using appropriate metrics, and work towards identifying implications, key actions, and potential opportunities and risks of sites, departments, and the Business Unit (BU) as a whole
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sites critically, reconcile gaps, decompose high-level information into details, and prepare and present detailed information in an easy to understand format
- Perform routine analytical reviews of site and BU financial and operational performance for both the annual budget and monthly forecasts; leverage business unit analytical resources and tools, and identify areas for improvement
- Deliver detailed financial and economic analysis to be used to identify options and recommendations to improve BU profitability and margins
- Support the accurate and timely completion of the monthly forecast and annual budget reporting and reconciliation processes, as well as actively execute plans to constantly refine and improve these functions
- Work with cost analysts and other financial planning team members to ensure detailed understanding and improve financial performance
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to address new and emerging trends
- Prepare pixel perfect presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, and monthly and quarterly senior leadership meetings
- Develop and maintain financial models to assist in the validation of forecast and budget submissions, and predictive models to model key performance indicators and scenario analysis
- Ensure accuracy of allocations and BU level calculations required for consolidation of forecast/budget statements and margins
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA)
- Five or more years of finance experience
- Systems design and implementation or mining experience would be considered an asset
- Business Analyst courses or relevant job experience an asset
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) combined with strong technical accounting knowledge would be an asset
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and decision making abilities
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, Atlas XL, SharePoint, Power BI, financial report design, data governance or quality assurance would be considered an asset
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure with minimal guidance to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and partner effectively with other team members
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.