Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation
This position is located in Victoria and has on-site office based requirements.
Senior Geomatics Geoscientist
$72,879.68 - $91,678.06 annually plus 3% Recruitment and Retention Adjustment
The Senior Geomatics Geoscientist is the provincial expert leading a team of Geomatics Geoscientists in the BC Geological Survey (BCGS), to develop, implement, and operate Provincial geoscience databases and applications, to deliver data products, publications, and interoperable geospatial web services. The position also provides technical advice in support of land use planning, mineral exploration, and public geoscience. The position coordinates efforts and liaises with industry, public, and government clients to maximize efficient and effective use of geoscience databases and tools.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Registered or immediately eligible for registration, as a fully licensed Professional Geoscientist with the Engineers and Geoscientists of BC.
Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a fully licensed Professional Geoscientist in another Canadian jurisdiction and able to transfer that membership to the EGBC within 6 months of employment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have the EGBC review their qualifications to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
• Master’s or doctorate degree in earth science or related field and a minimum of five years related experience*; OR
• Bachelor’s degree in earth science or related field and a minimum of seven years related experience*.
*Related experience must include mineral exploration, mining geology, geological mapping, or related, of which a minimum of three years has been in Canada
• Experience with standards, processes, architecture, and development of spatial database systems to produce and deliver geoscience maps, data products, and geospatial web services.
• Experience in interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills to technical audiences.
• Experience leading the compilation, evaluation, and interpretation of geology, mineral resources, mineral deposits, geochemistry, or Quaternary geology.
• Preference may be given to applicants with a Masters or Doctorates Degree.
For more information, and to apply online by September 14, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/89299