Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation
Senior Minerals Geologist
$72,879.68 - $91,678.06 annually plus 3% Recruitment and Retention Adjustment
The Senior Minerals Geologist leads regional geological and bedrock mapping programs and investigations of mineral deposits and economic geology in British Columbia. The position requires active collaboration with British Columbia Geological Survey (BCGS) colleagues and external geoscientists, universities, government agencies, companies and prospectors. The Senior Minerals Geologist uses their expertise to develop, manage and report on projects that advance knowledge of mineral endowment in the province. Contribution to the broader geoscience community is an expectation of the role through the publication of BCGS and external papers, review of journal manuscripts, participation in professional organizations and delivering scientific lectures.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Minimum of a Masters’ degree in Geology, Geological Engineering, or related subject from a university of recognized standing.
- Registered or *immediately eligible for registration (within 6 months of employment) as a fully qualified Professional Geoscientist with the Engineers and Geoscientists of BC.
*Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a Professional Geoscientist in another Canadian jurisdiction, and able to transfer that membership to the EGBC within 6 months of employment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have their qualifications reviewed by the appropriate body to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
- Minimum of five years relevant professional experience in geological mapping, mineral exploration, or mining geology.
- Experience with geological mapping and remote terrane.
- Experience supervising junior colleagues and assistants.
- Experience working with a broad range of computer software such as MS Office, GIS, graphics packages and databases to produce geological and/or mineral maps and reports.
- Experience giving presentations at conferences or technical meetings.
- Experience working with government geoscience programs/field projects.
- Experience in the compilation, evaluation, synthesis and interpretation of various strands of data including geological, geochemical, geochronological and/or geophysical.
For more information and to apply online by February 17, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/93913