Copper Mountain Mining Corporation (CMMC) is a TSX/ASX listed copper producer, developer and explorer in world class mining jurisdictions. Copper Mountain’s flagship asset is the 75% owned Copper Mountain mine located in southern British Columbia near the town of Princeton. The Copper Mountain mine produces over 100 million pounds of copper equivalent per year with a large resource that remains open laterally and at depth. Copper Mountain also has the development stage Eva Copper Project in Queensland, Australia, which is expected to add approximately 100 million pounds of copper on an annual basis, in addition to an extensive 210,000 hectare highly prospective land package in the Mount Isa district. Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Copper Mountain trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “CMMC” and Australian Stock Exchange under the symbol “C6C”.
Become a Part of Our Team
As we continue to grow Copper Mountain Mining Corporation, there are many career development opportunities available for motivated and goal–oriented individuals.
Work with us and you will benefit from the mentorship and guidance of experienced professionals because we understand that in order to accomplish our goals, we must work as a team and rely on the effort of every team member.
Senior Mining Engineer
1700-700 West Pender Street
Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 1G8
Copper Mountain Mine Site
6500 Copper Mountain Road
Princeton, British Columbia V0H 1K0
To support the growth of our business, we are seeking a fulltime (40 hours per week), permanent Senior Mining Engineer (NOC 2143) to join our Exploration and Geoscience team. Reporting to the Director, Mine Engineering & Planning, the Senior Mining Engineer is responsible for providing support to the mine engineering and mine planning functions at Copper Mountain Mining Corporation’s operations and development projects.
• Assist mine design optimizations for the Company’s operations.
• Contribute to provide evaluations, analysis and feasibility studies.
• Produce and evaluate multiple scenarios of mine plans, schedules and capital plans with multiple, competing constraints to determine optimal paths forward.
• Assist with the identification of potential problems and opportunities and use engineering approaches to assure enhanced outcomes for the operations.
• Assist in the formulation of mining production strategies, policies and plans.
• Analyze information and prepare technical documents to support decision making.
• Keep informed on new technology to capture business opportunities associated with the implementation of new technologies.
• Support the design of Company mining-related projects.
• Contribute to due diligence and of mine projects related to mergers and acquisitions.
• Assist in Life of Mine scheduling for the operations.
• Assist in the preparation of short- and long-term production plans.
• Assist with multiple scenarios of mine plans, schedules, and capital plans with multiple, competing constraints to determine optimal paths forward.
• Assist with the design of Company mining-related projects, ensuring industry-standard safety parameters.
• Management and analysis of the mining fleets and automated dispatch systems.
• Control and standardizing of mine reconciliations as well as experience with reserves calculation.
• Capability to develop new mining methods.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering with Mining required
• Certification in Mineral Project Reporting preferred
• 10+ years of experience, with experience in short, medium, and long-range planning for large open pit mining units
• English proficiency is required
• Previous experience in open pit, truck and shovel operations and conducting feasibility studies and cost estimates would be considered an asset.
• Flexibility and creativity in dealing with scheduling, mine planning, and other complex issues.
• Experience working on projects, coordinating, and communicating with multiple internal resources and external contractors.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Extensive experience in utilizing appropriate mine planning, design and scheduling software packages, including Mine Sched, NPVS, or XPAC, and GIS software.
• Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and comfortable making recommendations.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Capacity to work in a self-directed manner and possess good time management skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others in a technical team-based environment.
Salary and Benefits
• Annual salary range $120,000 - $160,000 CAD per year
• Extended medical and benefit plan
• Eligible for Short Term Incentive Plan
• Registered Retirement Savings Plan Company Match
• Annual three weeks vacation
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Senior Mining Engineer’ in the subject line of your email response.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.