Reporting to the Maintenance Improvement Manager, the Senior Reliability Specialist is responsible for implementing and supporting innovative maintenance strategies and technologies across Teck Coal’s mine, coal processing plants, and water treatment assets. This role will suit those who are keen to apply their knowledge across a large multi-site organization and who have a strong background in Reliability and Business Improvement.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Implement and continuously improve asset maintenance programs to reduce the total cost of ownership and increase the uptime of our physical assets
- Develop, implement, and manage maintenance strategies for water treatment and coal processing plants using Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) methodology
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and training to reliability and maintenance personnel across multiple sites
- Understand developments in condition-based-maintenance technologies and practices, and apply them to the mining and processing environment
- Coordinate working groups across the various sites to ensure effective learning and sharing in the communities of practice for maintenance execution, planning, and scheduling
- Provide expert advice to remaining life and asset condition assessments
- Engineering or related post graduate degree is preferred
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) or the ability to obtain
- Leadership experience is preferred
- Expert understanding of RCM principles and condition-based-maintenance program development
- Experience and facilitation of RCM studies for new design and existing infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge and experience of processing plants and equipment
- Advanced understanding of machine dynamics and equipment maintenance
- Experience with online condition monitoring of process equipment will be considered an asset
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and change management skills
- Must be a proven team player and work well in a fast paced environment
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.