Reporting to the Senior Administrator Training and Development, the Senior Training Coordinator, Mine Operations is responsible for the overall direction, development, implementation, and delivery of the training required for the Fording River Mine Operations Department.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide and source training in forms such as job based, simulation technologies, computer-based-training (CBT), and developmental instruction using materials that have been created both internally and externally
- Deliver comprehensive training based on safe work procedures and site training requirements including simulator, classroom work, and field work
- Provide direction to Training Coordinators on their respective shifts and interact directly with the Mine Operations department
- Direct new and specialized training programs utilizing new technologies and innovations whenever possible to ensure Fording River remains competitive
- Work with management to continually determine training needs and priorities, assess training programs, and work with staff to develop training courses, plans, and solutions
- Prepare and develop plans for projects and programs involving coordination with other departments
- Guide and assist subject matter experts with the development and delivery methods for required training content
- Take a logical approach to writing, revising, and implementing policies and procedures, as well as creating new training materials
- Minimum eight to ten years of open pit mining, maintenance, or training experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and supervisory skills
- Ability to clearly and concisely instruct all levels of adult learners
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workloads
- Proficient computer skills, familiarity with company Training History Programs, and the Microsoft Suite® Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint would be an asset
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and energetic
- Understanding of both Project Management and Change Management
- Ability to multi task and keep accurate records of all training events
- Be able to lead a team to ensure site requirements are met
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.