We are Canada’s largest diversified natural resource company with a strong history of innovation over the last 100 years. Join our RACE21™ team who is leading the charge in a company-wide renewal of technology and infrastructure, redefining mining for the next generation!
Reporting to the RACE21™ Manager of Value Delivery, Coal Processing, the Specialist, Digital Analytics Deployment is responsible for working within agile teams to develop and deliver advanced analytics and automation solutions, across the Coal Business unit. These include predictive models, advanced process control, or autonomous train loading. Use your processing expertise to ensure that the solutions developed will drive business impact, and draw on their operational experience to ensure the deployment of solutions will generate measurable and sustainable value.
This opportunity would require relocation, or frequent travel, to the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Coordinate product owners, designers, developers, and data scientists to engage operational partners and front line users to craft and refine product features
- Define and drive an implementation plan, and measure progress against key landmarks and targets with site teams
- Partner with site and digital product teams to define how success will be measured, and supervise performance of the solution until the value is locked-in
- Coordinate a comprehensive approach to Operational Readiness, identifying impacts on site management operating systems such as decision making, roles and responsibilities, and workflows, and lead implementation of a plan to ensure ongoing use of the product in day-to-day operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Sciences, Applied Sciences (Engineering), or equivalent is required, Master’s degree is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and constantly evolving environments
- Previous experience in data science, data engineering, or software engineering within the resource industry preferred
- Subject matter expertise in a relevant resource extraction focus area such as processing, mining, maintenance, exploration, or integrated operations preferred
- Experience working collaboratively with onsite continuous improvement teams
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.