Teck Resources Ltd. is Canada’s largest diversified natural resource company with a strong history of innovation over the last 100 years. The RACE21™ team is leading the charge in a company-wide renewal of technology and infrastructure, transforming mining for the next generation.
With financial backing and commitment from leadership, Teck envisions a fully integrated, agile, digital platform that will Renew, Automate, and Connect materials, processes, equipment flows, and data systems to expand and enable a broad application of advanced analytics, robotics, and artificial intelligence. As well as Empower employees to unleash their creativity and innovation at work, increasing sustainability, safety, and performance in real time, unlocking resource base knowledge and improving planning for optimal resource extraction.
Reporting to the Managers of Technology Delivery, the Specialist, Digital Analytics Deployment is responsible for interface between the development of advanced analytics products, such as decision support tools and optimization/predictive models, and the successful deployment of those products in Teck’s operations to generate measurable and sustainable value.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Coordinate the day to day interactions between critical central development roles such as software developers, data scientists, UI/UX developers, either internal Teck resources or vendors, operational owners, front line users, and site continuous improvement teams; to ensure a strong linkage between the product being developed and the business problem it is solving
- Create detailed Implementation plans that include milestones, targets, and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) measurements while partnering with site users
- Coordinate a comprehensive approach to Operational Readiness, identifying and surfacing potential impacts of the product on site management operating systems such as decision making, roles and responsibilities, and workflows
- Work with operational users to maximize value capture impact and sustain analytics products, including training users, product interface evolution, documenting and updating procedures, and updating operational KPI systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Science or equivalent is required, Master’s in Science or Arts is a plus
- Previous experience in data science, data engineering, or software engineering within the resource industry
- Subject matter expertise in a relevant resource extraction focus area such as processing, mining, maintenance, exploration, or integrated operations
- Experience working collaboratively with onsite continuous improvement teams
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Exceptional communication (both written and oral), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Willing to be seconded to operations involving sustained time on site
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.