Taseko Mines is a dynamic and growing Canadian mining company. Taseko is the operator of the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine, the second largest copper mine in Canada, with a nearly 700 person workforce, producing an average of 140 million pounds of copper per year.
In addition to being a large copper producer, Taseko is also an accomplished mine developer with a promising pipeline of gold, copper and niobium interests in both Canada and the United States. The company is currently constructing its first international copper mine – the Florence Copper Project – which will become a $250 million in-situ copper recovery operation, just an hour’s drive south of Phoenix Arizona.
Taseko attributes its continued success and expansion to its most valued asset, its people. Driven by excellence, our approach has been to seek out, identify and then hire the best. Excellence is always our goal and achieving it means attracting, training and rewarding those who share our ambition and passion to be the very best we can be.
This is your chance to join a team of experienced mining and environmental management professionals and become part of an exciting future of growth and personal development.
We currently have an opening at our Gibraltar Mine for the following position:
As part of our continuous growth, we are currently sourcing a Welder (Certified Journeyman) within our Mill Maintenance department at Gibraltar Mine to complement our world-class team. If you have relevant qualifications, operational experience, and a desire to improve your career and quality of life, we'd be honored to have you consider Gibraltar Mines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong focus on safety, the environment and contributing to a zero incident work place.
- Perform preventative, predictive & breakdown maintenance associated with operations equipment including, but not limited to, crushers, conveying systems, grinding mills, pumps & piping systems.
- Contributing to the development of apprentices and working as part of a team to accomplish maintenance goals and targets.
- Supporting maintenance personnel in all trades.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a valid driver's license.
- Interprovincial trade qualifications in Welding (Red Seal Certification).
- Mining experience is considered an asset.
Gibraltar offers an excellent benefit package which includes competitive salary, a Registered Retirement Savings Plan and relocation assistance to Williams Lake. Gibraltar Mines Ltd. is a unionized organization, Unifor Local 3018. The company does not have a camp.
Williams Lake and area offers a unique combination of small city facilities, reasonably priced housing, excellent outdoor recreational opportunities and a temperate climate, all in a very central location, within easy driving distance to Kamloops, the Okanagan and the Lower Mainland.