Location: Vancouver, BC
Mining Association of BC
MABC is the voice of British Columbia’s steelmaking coal, metal and mineral producers, smelters, and advanced development companies. Our industry benefits all British Columbians and supports more than 35,000 jobs and over 3,700 small, medium, and indigenous affiliated businesses in every corner of the province through an annual spend of nearly $3 billion on goods and services. Our members’ products have among the lowest carbon footprints globally and are helping the world transition to a cleaner, low-carbon future; safely and responsibly.
We are searching for a Communications Leader responsible for planning, leading and executing the Association’s communications and public affairs strategy. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Communications Leader is a proactive, highly motivated and seasoned strategic communications and public affairs professional who makes opportunities happen and relishes solving communications, business and advocacy issues with an extensive, integrated communications and public affairs tool kit. The Communications Leader brings solid communications experience, preferably in a natural resource sector, to help MABC and our members thrive in an exciting, highly regulated industry where decarbonization, reconciliation and environmental, social and governance performance are essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and drive the execution of the Association’s communications strategy, campaigns and initiatives.
- Provide strategic comms counsel to the President and CEO and Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs.
- Manage the Association’s website, social channels, media relations and advertising.
- Write and help prepare written materials and communications products.
- Maintain productive working relationships with government, industry, community and Indigenous leaders.
- Prepare reports and briefs for the MABC board and executive.
- Execute and advance member communications and engagement.
- Be a great colleague with a keen interest in developing a strong organization and a pleasant, inclusive workplace.
Qualifications and Competencies
- University degree in a related field of study (communications, marketing, journalism, public policy, etc.).
- 12+ years of communications and public affairs experience working in mining or other natural resource sectors, government, crowns, agencies, trade associations, etc.
- A proven strategist and counselor with solid experience executing communications campaigns and government advocacy initiatives. Experience and insight managing corporate reputations, issues and crises is a plus.
- Strong, swift writing and editing abilities that produce compelling copy and messaging.
- Robust ability to write strategies, briefs, whitepapers, speeches, news releases, ads, social posts, etc.
- Solid experience executing media relations, media training and media analysis
- Strong ability, insight and experience devising and delivering digital and social campaigns.
- A keen interest in and understanding of provincial and federal public policy as it relates to natural resources.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills with the talent to build consensus and maintain effective relationships with senior executives, policy makers, Indigenous partners and stakeholders
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted By: Mining Association of BC
Date Posted: September 1, 2022
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia