Director of Communications
Location: Vancouver, BC
Mining Association of BC
Director of Communications
The Mining Association of BC (MABC) is seeking a Director of Communications to plan, lead and execute our communications strategy. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Director of Communications is a creative and proactive strategic communications professional who makes opportunities happen and relishes solving communications, business and advocacy issues with an extensive, integrated communications tool kit. The Director of Communications brings solid communications experience, preferably in a natural resource sector, to help MABC and our members succeed in an exciting industry where decarbonization, reconciliation and environmental, social and governance performance are essential.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and drive the execution of the Association’s communications strategy, campaigns and initiatives.
- Manage the Association’s website, social channels and content, media relations and advertising.
- Write and prepare written materials and communications products.
- Maintain productive working relationships with government, industry, community and Indigenous leaders.
- Prepare reports and briefs for the MABC board and executive.
- Execute and advance member communications and engagement.
- Be a great colleague with a keen interest in developing a strong organization and a pleasant, inclusive workplace.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University degree in a related field of study (communications, marketing, journalism, public policy, etc.).
- 7 – 10 years of communications experience working in mining or other natural resource sectors, government, crowns, agencies, trade associations, etc.
- A proven strategist and counselor with solid experience executing communications campaigns. Experience and insight managing corporate reputations, issues and crises is a plus.
- Strong, swift writing and editing abilities that produce compelling copy and messaging.
- Robust ability to write strategies, briefs, whitepapers, news releases, ads, social posts, etc.
- Solid experience executing media relations, media training and media analysis.
- Strong ability, insight and experience devising and delivering digital content and social media campaigns.
- A keen interest in and understanding of provincial and federal public policy as it relates to natural resources.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills with the talent to build consensus and maintain effective relationships with senior executives, policy makers, Indigenous partners and stakeholders.
MABC is the voice of British Columbia’s steelmaking coal, metal and mineral producers, smelters, and advanced development companies. Our industry benefits all British Columbians, supporting more than 35,000 jobs and over 3,700 small, medium, and indigenous affiliated businesses throughout the province through an annual spend of $3 billion on goods and services. Our members’ products have among the lowest carbon footprints globally and are essential for the world to transition to a cleaner, low-carbon future; safely and responsibly.
If you want to be part of a high performing team that values communications and is positioning BC as a leading global supplier of critical minerals and metals vital to the energy transition, come join us at MABC. We offer a competitive salary and benefits in a hybrid work environment.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com by close of business on October 23, 2023. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posted By: Mining Association of BC
Date Posted: October 4, 2023
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia