LOCATION: Vancouver, B.C.
The Mining Association of BC (MABC) is seeking a Communications Coordinator, responsible for supporting the delivery of MABC’s strategic communications and public affairs programming. Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Communications Coordinator is ambitious and focused on supporting, and implementing a variety of communications, digital and advocacy strategies and initiatives with a team that offers solid development opportunities.
MABC is the voice of British Columbia’s steelmaking coal, metal and mineral producers, smelters and advanced development companies. Our industry benefits all British Columbians and supports more than 35,000 jobs and over 3,900 small, medium and indigenous affiliated businesses in every corner of the province through an annual spend of $3.7 billion on goods and services. Our members’ products have among the lowest carbon footprints globally and are helping the world transition to a cleaner, low carbon future; safely and responsibly.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Director of Communications to develop, execute and monitor strategies and tactical plans.
- Support the writing and editing of a range of content including web copy, social posts, content calendars, member newsletters, presentations, press releases, backgrounders, etc.
- Work with the Director of Communications to plan, execute and monitor the Association’s media relations and social media and digital content, including managing social media accounts.
- Monitor analytics and report on the outcomes of campaigns and initiatives.
- Prepare reports and briefings for the executive and board on a quarterly basis.
- Be a great colleague in a pleasant, inclusive workplace.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in a communications or marketing role.
- Solid knowledge and experience working with social and digital mediums and content creation in a business environment.
- Skillful writing with demonstrated ability to write copy.
- Solid time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze and summarize information for decision making.
- A desire to learn and grow your career in strategic communications.
To apply for this hybrid position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is February 28, 2024. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.